Monday, December 03, 2007

Six Months Old

Happy Half Year!!!

How can you already be SIX MONTHS old?!?! I’ve said it before, but these early years are just too darn fast. I think I’d like this baby phase to be twice as long and in return I’m willing to shorten bits of 13, 14, and 15. (Maybe) Although, if Gene Simmons has taught me anything, its that it IS possible to have teenagers & even pre-teens think their parents are cool and still want to hang out with them. Who woulda thunk he'd be a role model? ever.

Not too much crazy stuff has happened this month. Your biggest feat is crawling and standing. Still no butt in the air, but it moves ya places just about as fast as your daddy and I can roll off the sofa to catch you. Another great accomplishment for you is standing. Just days before your ½ birthday your daddy and I were fixin’ up your room a little more and just like that ~voila~ your hanging onto the side of the crib and bouncing up and down. As surprised and pleased as we were to see this, I have to admit, we would have been just as happy to wait a day or two as it was after 10pm and both of us were DYING to get to bed, not move the mattress down to its lowest setting.

I think my favorite part of hanging out with you every day is learning who my baby girl is. Your starting to develop a lil err ok – a BIG personality. For starters your goofy. You just love to make us laugh. Sometimes with the string you’ve pulled out of my sweatshirt or a ribbon from a gift. You love to chew on it and make silly faces.

You also still LOVE the outdoors. I remember you came into this world with crisp morning air to greet you and the sound of soothing rain falling outside. Each time we go outside you seem to grow a little older, a little wiser and far more peaceful. We took you on a hike with about 15 other people one weekend and just about everyone commented on how great you were, like a true Taurus, you just soaked in every ounce of the experience.


I’m soaking you in,
Mommy

No comments: