Friday, October 29, 2010

And so it begins...

So today I dropped G off at daycare for their Halloween party & parade. ALLLLLLLLLLLLl the lil girls were princesses. Which of course is practically unavoidable at 3 years old, but nonetheless...every single one was a specific Disney princess. Since i sew and i'm a dork - i just can't do off-the-shelf costumes. Nothing against folks who do ~ there were quite a few hours last week where i wish i didn't have this form of OCD. Alas...

All of G's lil friends kept coming up to her and asking her "Which princess are you?" After about the 3rd girl asked and G still hadn't had a chance to get a word in edgewise she looked at me with big puppy dog eyes. I smiled and told her - your not a movie princess...your a REAL princess.

She glowed and I fought back tears.

3 comments:

CarrĂ  said...

This is soooo precious
glad i stumbled across your blog.

Caroline said...

She is beautiful, congratulations!

Kathryn said...

I completely admire your quick-thinking. And the costume is lovely too. We had the same experience at DS's school nursery. They had to be their favourite character from a book. DS was a character from his Letterland book (OK, so it was a bit obscure) and another little girl was Winnie the Witch. Everyone else was either a Disney princess or spiderman, according to gender. So the two who played by the rules felt like outsiders. I know parents don't have the time to put together costumes and you have to pick your battles, but I did feel a bit miffed and I'm not sure what I'll do when it's DD's turn this year...