Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite



You'll notice that this post also falls under the rainy weather, crafty...what to do time frame as the previous.

For the past 8 mos (well prob only 6 or so) we've been looking and looking and looking for baby bedding. What is a simple chore for some, has been sheer torture for me. For starters, the baby's sex is a surprise. This immediately takes away 80% of the commercial bedding on the market. Next, I'm not a huge fan of anything overly cutesy...yes I do have a pink poodle purse, but i SERIOUSLY draw the line at anything Disney. Then I have this thing for softness. At age 5 I 'borrowed' a blanket from my grandmother because it was the perfect level of worn and soft. NONE of the baby blankets i have found even come close to what I want.

Now I know that you don't use these blankets in the beginning and some don't even use them at all, but...to me not having one verged on sacrilege, so i had to do something.

Thankfully I have a very understanding and encouraging husband who actually got excited when we found the perfect fabric and convinced me that YES - I could make the blanket myself and we could easily pick up the other pieces to match. And so I did...well a teeny tiny teddy bear size prototype at least. The rest/best is yet to come.

No comments: