Thursday, October 30, 2008

Giving Thanks

So the past few days i've been obsessed with finishing our Halloween costumes. Straight Up Obsessed! Its been fun this year because i'm making all of them. And must say -- i'm pretty darn proud.

I've done a lot of sewing the past year (a la mom-ness I presume) and have gotten soo much better. And while i'm totally self taught and couldn't follow a real pattern to save my soul... I must give credit where credit is due.

My Grandma ALWAYS made sure we had a 'yarning' project at her house. Something to do while she watched her 'stories'. Silly stuff of course, but always something w/our hands and always something that made me feel grown up.

Then we alllllways had homemade costumes growing up. Granted my sister and I were a clown about 10 years in a row between the two of us, but my Mom made us costumes. And she rocked at it. As a mom now - nothing makes me more excited than seeing G in something i took the time to make her. When people say to me 'Why bother???"..."its SOO much work", etc, etc...I simply respond. My mom loved me enough to do it. So can I.

So I guess that's what all this silliness boils down to.

Love.

No comments: