Wednesday, January 07, 2009

HO HO HO

(and no, I'm not calling you names!)

WE'RE BAA-ACK! AAhhhh to be home again. Its fan-flippin-tastic. While spending almost 2 weeks with family is nice, i ain't gonna lie...it grates on you a bit. (sorry folks, but you know its true)

CliffNotes
CHRISTMAS - rocked.
no seriously, this was the beginning of FUN with kids. G actively enjoyed opening presents, and candy - oh lord does this child love candy. My sister is amazing and got G a BOX. Yup folks you know how everyone says 'the kid would be just as happy with a box to play in'...well Jude took it a step further and made lil G happier than any kid alive with just that. This box had tinsel, stickers, crayons & a peek-a-boo hole and a sidecar for her lil puppy. I was HUGE on the lets-not-be-wasteful on presents we don't have room for or need and I really couldn't have appreciated this anymore.


NEW YEARS - egh.
for the record ~ i've never been a big fan. I think any mom with kids under 5 will back me up when i say...a night of uninterrupted sleep is about as blissful as it can get. Trying to organize fun filled family activities for kids ranging in age from 1-16...is not. Soo umm...I napped and left Daddy with a list of ideas that he wonderfully executed. I did wake up around 11 (to be friendly) and play a few games & toast with grape juice. Then promptly went back to bed about 12:14. WHOO HOO.

KID TIME - solid GOOD.
We always have a few issues but thats to be expected when you only see your steps on a limited basis, but as they get older it gets SOO MUCH easier. G has permanent friends/babysitters ~ they can entertain themselves (for the most part) and as far as photography goes...what pre-teenage girl is going to turn down make up and a fancy camera?? Seriously - they woulda been happy with a 'shoot' every single day.


HOMEMADE PLEDGE - WHEEE
so this year I took the homemade pledge. I've been crafting for strangers for almost a year now and really enjoyed getting to know each and every one of them though the swap process. Then one day it struck me ~ why don't i spend the same amount of time, love & consideration on those that i really love and care about. It seemed ridiculous. My talents are rather limited and thus this year was deemed the 'Year of the Apron' ~ BUT i am proud of what I accomplished and feel that most people got it and were honored by the gift of thought. (no worries, there WILL be a post of it all so i can brag a lil bit more)

No comments: