Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oompa Loompa Orange

So I have this weird food thing. Ok, perhaps I have a few weird food things, but I'm only addressing one here today. I HAVE to eat seasonally. Salads, raw veggies, grilled chicken & baked fish are SUMMER foods. Grilled squash, pizza, wings, pasta, baked chicken and perhaps a little red meat are FALL foods. Winter is reserved for chilli's stews and all the red meat one can sink their hands into and fish...well you best forget it unless its salmon with a nutty sauce. Ok - now i'm getting hungry and waaaay off topic.

Point is ~ last night the AC must have been turned up too high b.c. I craved CHILI. And not just any chili but ~ blast from the past ~ one of the only midwestern things I cling to ~ its not chili in a bowl with beans ~ Cincinnati chili over spaghetti! And O-M-G was it wonderful. Just the thought of it makes me want it for breakfast again.

Apparently the 'orange' doesn't fall far from the tree though. If you should see a little orange stained Oompa Loompa running around ~ please send her home by dinnertime.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ugh. I live in Ohio and I HATE Skyline chili. Chilimac from steaknshake though, thats good stuff :)

jenn said...

ok - i agree, Skyline is a lil sucky compared to SteakNShake. We acutally use the HardTimes packets here in VA...don't know where the heck they come from?!?