Friday, February 13, 2009

Miss Crankipants

Confession: I think swapping valentines at 20mos is STUPID. STUPID. STUPID. STUPID.

now realistically ~ i understand G's in a class w/3 year olds who might actually understand love and enjoy a lil party. But seeing the teachers stuff the 'envelopes' kinda takes out the pride of giving and getting doesn't it? Like, are we to start believing in a 'magic heart fairy' that comes and gives candy and cards to all the good little boys and girls? Aside from the fact that I don't really think kids this age need candy, much less should they think its a big exciting deal. I mean here ~ there really isn't anything better than JUSH (juice)

buuuuut...I play along and we made valentines for the class. But here's the kicker.

Confession #2: I had spent so much time on them that i didn't want G to "ruin" them. Am i an ass or what???

So i acquiesced and had her color the backs. Ironically as I finished them G would take them to Daddy to put in the pile ~ hand them to him ~ pretty side up ~ "I DID DIT" then come over to get the next one.



At least someone has her priorities straight!

No comments: